Many people make New Year's Resolutions part of the their annual rountine this time of year. I've never been one for doing that, and most years haven't even considered making "resolutions." I think the practice tends to mostly just set people up for failure. So this year, in spite of the title of this post, I'm once again not going to make any resolutions!
With that out of my system however, I think I will make some radio "goals" for the year. The difference between a goal and a resolution is this - a resultion has a definate pass/fail connotation. A goal is simply something we strive for - if we don't meet it, we still did a lot along the way that we wouldn't have otherwise, so met or no, you usually accomplish more than if you had done nothing!
- Finish in the top half of the 1O category for Winter Field Day
- Activate 30 different WWFF units. (Read about WWFF and get on board here!!!)
- Become proficient at camping with my radio gear (part and parcel of the above 2 goals)
- Make my first CW contact on the air! (I've got the alphabet and numbers pretty much down - I just need a key, some courage, and someone who can send sloooow!)
- Get an actual RF based APRS setup running (I currently have the "not real radio" iPhone app version - the app I got has an audio modem built in - I just need to build or buy a cable to connect it to a radio!)
- Finish the "secret project" I've been hinting about in my blog posts, and share it with all of you!
- Get my home shack to the point where it actaully looks like a room (you can read about it's current state here)
- Write 3 blog posts a week - I write regularly, but it comes in bursts depending on my schedule.