National FM Simplex Calling Frequencies
Knowing that I had this drive to make, I quickly came up with a plan. Spend the entire drive monitoring both 146.52 and 446.000, AND calling every 10 minutes, to see how many answers I get. I debated whether or not I wanted to make my plans known ahead of time on social media. I ultimately decided that I wanted any responses I got to be "organic" and not because someone was specifically watching for me, so I just kept my lips sealed tight - until now!
- At least half of my drive was at a time when most people are still asleep!
- Large portions of my drive were in very rural area's. It was more like fishing without bait - in puddles.
- There's always that whole propagation thing - it's hit or miss depending on the day, time, weather, etc.
In Other Business
- I've collected about a dozen ideas for my "crowd-sourced project" that I'll have everyone vote on soon!
- I've made some progress on the shack project in my basement - if you follow me on Instagram you've seen a couple pictures!
- I've made progress on my "secret project" that everyone will get to see when it is complete!
- I've done 2 WWFF activations that I'll update everyone one - Buck Creek State Park and Morristown National Historical Park.